Goal Spin-up your first application in Kubernetes Objectives See the differences between several Kubernetes implementations, and understand how to prepare different Kubernetes flavours for this blog .Review the basic usage of the kubectl command and understand how to connect to your Kubernetes cluster by using the CLI.Execute a pre-built application in your Kubernetes cluster and review the …
What is DevOps?
Patrick Debois, who’s often called “the father of DevOps”, coined the word “DevOps” in 2009.
As the word depicts, it was formed by combining two words: “development” and “operations”.
DevOps is a collaborative way of developing and deploying software.
DevOps (a portmanteau of development and operations) is a software development method that stresses communication, collaboration
and integration between software developers and information technology (IT) operation professionals.
• DevOps is an approach based on agile and lean principles in which business owners, development, operations, and quality assurance
team collaborate to deliver software in a continuous stable manner
• DevOps is an environment that promotes cross practicality, shared business tasks and belief
• DevOps is a movement that improves IT service delivery agility
• DevOps is a culture that promotes better working relationship within the company
• DevOps is a set of practices that provides rapid, reliable software delivery
Objectives Kubernetes as a container orchestration: After completing this section, you should be able to recognize Kubernetes as a container orchestration tool. Limitations of Containers Containers provide an easy way to package and run services. As the number of containers managed by an organization grows, the manual work of managing them grows disproportionately. When using …
Introducing Kubernetes and Container Engines Objectives After completing this section, you should be able to get an overview of what Kubernetes and Container are, how they improve the software life cycle, and samples of different container runtimes. Traditional Applications vs Kubernetes and Container Traditional software applications typically depend on other libraries, configuration files, or services …